This program will include a survey of the statutory restrictions and recent case law surrounding enforecement of noncompetition, confidentiality and related agreements in California. Our panel of experienced franchise attorneys will also include practical tips for drafting franchise agreements and related agreements, as well as litigation strategies.
This program will cover the following specific topics:
• In-term vs. post-term covenants;
• Partial vs. full restraints;
• Related covenants, such as non-solicitation of employees, assignment of telephone numbers, customer list ownership and other trade secret issues;
• Scope of covered parties, including owners, managers and employees;
• Implications under the CFRA;
• Enforceability issues, including injunctive relief and arbitration issues;
• Use of collateral assignment of leases, security interest and buy-back clauses to address the limitations imposed by B&P Code, Section 16600;
• Choice of law provisions; and
• Practical tips in drafting franchise agreements.